Keeping our people safe
We pride ourselves on the high safety standards we set and achieve. Fletcher Construction’s Health and Safety Policy reflects our approach to ensuring a zero harm working environment, and the fundamental belief that all work-related injuries and illnesses are preventable.
Key elements of the policy include:
- Ensuring business leaders are competent, accountable and committed to Health & Safety;
- Encouraging participation in Health and Safety initiatives at all levels of the business;
- Actively supporting industry training programmes around safe work practices;
- Complying with all relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice for the industry;
- Establishing measurable Health and Safety targets, and accurately reporting and investigating all workplace incidents;
- Consistently striving to eliminate work-related injuries and illnesses by proactively managing hazards.
This strong focus on managing health and safety risks has earned Fletcher Construction recognition as a leader in the field, and has also led to a number of prestigious awards from industry organisations such as the New Zealand Institute of Building, New Zealand Contractors Federation and Fletcher Building’s Group Health & Safety Awards.
Fletcher Construction has always looked after its people. We believe that Zero Harm is achievable. Our people are empowered to stop work if they don’t feel safe and we actively protect the safety of everyone who connects with our projects – customers, subcontractors, visitors and end-users. We embrace the principles of Safety-in-Design to ensure the structures we create are safe in use for our customers’ customers.
Graham Darlow, Chief Executive Construction Group