Keeping our people safe
We pride ourselves on the high safety standards we set and achieve. Fletcher Construction’s Health and Safety Policy reflects our approach to ensuring a zero harm working environment, and the fundamental belief that all work-related injuries and illnesses are preventable.
Key elements of the policy include:
- Ensuring business leaders are competent, accountable and committed to Health & Safety;
- Encouraging participation in Health and Safety initiatives at all levels of the business;
- Actively supporting industry training programmes around safe work practices;
- Complying with all relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice for the industry;
- Establishing measurable Health and Safety targets, and accurately reporting and investigating all workplace incidents;
- Consistently striving to eliminate work-related injuries and illnesses by proactively managing hazards.
This strong focus on managing health and safety risks has earned Fletcher Construction recognition as a leader in the field, and has also led to a number of prestigious awards from industry organisations such as the New Zealand Institute of Building, New Zealand Contractors Federation and Fletcher Building’s Group Health & Safety Awards.