We began operations in Dunedin in 1909, undertook our first project in Canterbury in 1922 and established a permanent office in Christchurch in 1955. We have been active in the region ever since, undertaking a large number of high-profile healthcare, education, industrial and hospitality projects.
Prior to the earthquakes we undertook significant (and successful) strengthening works in parts of the Christchurch Arts Centre, Christchurch Boys High School and other landmark buildings. Post the earthquakes we have been involved in significant rebuild projects including Grand Central, the Justice and Emergency Services Precinct, Canterbury Regional Science and Innovation Centre and the restoration of the Arts Centre. Fletcher EQR has managed the repair of 150,000 homes on behalf of the Earthquake Commission following the 2010 and 2011 earthquakes.